Mighty as you would feel with your golfing skills, you can barely stare the sun down through 18 holes. Apart from your trusted sunscreen, a golf hat is a good precaution against the glare and UV rays. With the technology out looking for targets, hats have become items of marvel too.
The best golf hats protect you from the heat and blaze of the sun without making your head sweaty. They are also versatile in their use and made to last longer. You think that’s too much to ask of a hat? Our 5 top best golf hats 2017 will prove you wrong.
Comparison Chart : Top 5 Best Golf Hats 2017
Why Wear Golf Hats ?
Are we getting a little too cocky with sunscreens by our side? Many of us fall for the 50+ SPF rating and believe the puny lotion can fight off the sun. But our skin needs all the protection possible from heat and UV rays. The bill of the golf hats will lend cool shade to your face in blistering heat. On extremely sunny days, you might feel forced to shield your eyes against the glare of sun. You can always wear sunglasses. But this darkens your view. Clear vision is a pre-requisite to a strong game of golf. So sunglasses will get in the way of that.
A golf hat is the safest option. It protects the skin from unruly UV rays. And it also shields the eye from direct impact of the sun. Plus you look way more like a golfer with a golf hat on. Because hats are the norm. What’s not to like?
How bad is this UV ray situation?
There are two types of UV rays you should be safeguarded from. The UVA rays permeate into the dermis, the second layer of the skin, and affect it negatively. The UVB rays usually reach only the epidermis but they are instrumental in development of skin cancer.
Cancer is by far the biggest threat of UV radiation. Exposure to UV rays causes premature aging of skin. They start with sunburn. The golf caps are especially important because UV rays have been linked to eye problems. They can cause inflammation of cornea which can result in blindness. While staying in sun helps you shore up the vitamin D, you can easily get that much nutrition through food intake. There’s a limit to the sun exposure that’s healthy for you
What are golf hats? What are different types of golf headwear?
There are different types of golf headwear:
1. Golf Caps
- These are baseball caps that can serve a golfer’s purpose. They shield the eyes and major parts of the eyes against sunlight. Their peak offers resistance against drizzling and light rain. The top-notch sports brands have added all sorts of features, anything short of a kitchen sink, to these golf caps. These usually come in one size that fits all. They have a buckle at the back to tighten them.
2. Bucket Hats
- These are hats with a brim either drooping or parallel to the ground. These protect your head 360° from the sun. They even cover the ears which can be targeted by the sun to cause cancerous moles. These are available in waterproof varieties as well. Only downside? They look dorky.
3. Beanies Caps
- Golf beanies are head-hugging caps that slip protectively over just your head. These are mostly for the winters when you are trying to avoid a head freeze.
The items being marketed as golf hats are made to keep up with a golfer. These are lightweight and sweat resistant. They don’t stain easily. The new golf caps use modern fabrics to create a tour-performance wearable. They are also streamlined to fit properly and never get in the way of clear vision
Which Are The Best Golf Hats?
Some premium brands and many normal brands offer golf hats that can brave the challenges of the course. We picked the best golf hats based on:
- Sun protection: As the main objective of golf hats is to stand sentinel against the sun. The best golf hats balance the size of their visor so that it shades the face but does not impede your vision. Many of these are also made of sunscreen fabric that has an Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) rating. This scale reads just like the SPF ratings of sunscreen lotion.
- Comfort: As you battle through the grueling curves of the golf course, the best golf hats keep you comfortable. No stitching should stick out and poke your head at the point of contact. They should rest your heads correctly without impairing your vision.
- Durability: Hats are pretty useful when you go out in the sun. So a golfer is likely to use the hat off and on course. The best golf hats are durable enough to deal with regular use and frequent packing.
Here Are Top 5 Best Golf Hats 2017 Of Our Picks
#1: Nike Golf - Dri-FIT Swoosh Perforated Cap
Nike never disappoints when it comes to any kind of sportswear. They hold the mantle with their Dri-Fit Swoosh cap making the top spot on the best golf hats list. This is a trademark Nike design with no patterns, just plain class. It is available in black, navy and white colors.
- This golf hat is made of 6 panels that join seamlessly with each other. The front panels are smooth and carry no design except the stitching between various panels. The side and back panels are perforated.
- Now this is true genius on the part of Nike. These tiny holes facilitate healthy airflow. So much so people are amazed at the ventilation. It takes away the one issue golfers have with hats.
- The air circulation is good enough to keep the hat on during furious workouts in the gym
- It doesn’t stain easily.
- It’s made of Dri-Fit polyester fabric so it dries off quickly even if you sweat profusely
- The Nike Dri-Fit swoosh golf hat has its underbill done in contrast so it prevents the sun glare from affecting your eyes. There’s a discreet Nike swoosh on the right side of the bill.
- There’s another swoosh on the back
- There’s an adjustable Velcro strap at the back. You can alter the size to fit a teenager’s or a woman’s head easily with this
- Highly ventilated
- 6-panel device
- Adjustable size
- Dri-Fit polyester fabric
- Three neutral colors
- The Velcro at the back can catch your hair
#2: 2015 TaylorMade R15 39Thirty Stretch Fit Mens Golf Cap
TaylorMade is tailor-made for all things golf. Their R15 30Thirty Stretch golf hat is more ostentatious than the Nike Dri-Fit swoosh cap. It has quite some sporty graffiti it comes in some bright colors to go with all sorts of golf pants and shirts.
- The TaylorMade R15 men’s golf cap is tour-performance apparel.It also has 6 panels of cloth sewn together.
- This is 95% polyester and 5% spandex for that extra stretch. The front side has ‘TaylorMade’ branded cross it in full glory. The sides have ‘R15’ and ‘AeroBurner’ written in contrasting colors. TaylorMade wants to leave no doubt as to where the golfer got her or his dashing golf hat.
- This cap comes in Small, Medium or Large sizes. There’s no adjustable strap behind. So you are stuck to adjust with available sizes. The stretchable fabric is useful in such situations.
- The interiors of this golf cap are moisture-wicking and antimicrobial to deal against the brutality of heat.
- The underbill is done in a dark color and prevents glare from hitting the eyes.
- One thing that contributes to R15 being one of the best golf hats is that it is available in 8 colors. These include grasshopper green and sharp lemon.
- Moisture-wicking and antibacterial
- Comfortable material
- 3 sizes, 9 colors
- In-your-face branding
- No adjusting strap at the back
#3: Black Clover Men's Premium Fitted Caps
Black Clover brings a nice rejuvenating touch to the greens. Its clover design brings a raw and fresh look to your head. There are multiple colors of this golf cap that are retailed under different headings. But black and white are the standard colors. The white golf hat has either contrasting green or black clover. The black hat has a green clover.
- This golf hat is identified by a black or green clover attached on the front panel. This is slightly raised from the surface.
- There are multiple panels that make up the hat.
- They are sewn with the thread of the same color as the clover.
- There’s a thread pattern on the bill as well.The words ‘Live Lucky’ go on the side.
- This golf cap is made out of performance mesh. It is available in Small, Medium and Large sizes. The sizes usually run large.
- There’s an elastic band around the rim of the hat that gives it a better fitment. It also has an adjustable strap at the back to manage to size.
- The mesh material gives the air a thoroughfare and keeps the head cool. Most users did not have issues of sweat stains. The golfers who plan to buy Black Clover golf cap in white, beware.
- Sometime the company puts the sizing sticker over the bill and its glue residue refuses to wash off, leaving a stain on pristine white. Still it outperforms many hats to be on the best golf hats list.
- Comfortable and airy
- Simple and fresh-looking design
- Multiple sizes
- Adjustable strap at the back
- White hats tainted by sizing stickers
#4: TaylorMade Tour Split Hat
TaylorMade ditched its marketing-on-steroids chops and created their Tour Split Hat. This still bears the TaylorMade branding but it’s much more subtle. It’s just enough to let the audience know that you are a hotshot pro-level golfer.
- This golf hat uses a double color tone for its handsome looks. The front panel has ‘TaylorMade’ written across it tastefully
- The sides say ‘SLDR’ and ‘Tour Preferred’. This is still a marketing campaign but hey, you should be glad to market such a pioneering golf brand.
- Odds are that most of your golfing equipment is ‘TaylorMade’ anyway.
- The bill has a slash of different color which makes it look very athletic. The underbill is done in dark colors to reflect off the glare.
- The Tour Split golf cap is made of 100% polyester. It has moisture-wicking properties to keep your head dry through 18 holes. The tour-performance construction ensures durability over continuous usage and packing.
- Being one of the best golf hats, it fits most head sizes and has a cloth strap at the back to alter the cap size.
- Moisture-wicking, tour-performance fabric
- Professional golfer look
- Available in rare grey color
- Adjustable cloth strap
- Can have more colors
#5: Nike Men's Tour Legacy Mesh Hat
Nike is the patron of somber style. Their Tour Legacy mesh golf hat has done it again. Its airy structure and 21 odd colors landed it on the best golf hats list. The youthful design is hard to come by from other brands.
- This golf hat has two fabric front panels and the rest are mesh panels. The front panels have eyelets to let the air in. This creates a nice relay system for cool air to get in and hot air to vent out.
- There’s a Nike swoosh on the front panels in contrasting color.
- There are authentic tour logos on the sides. The bill has stitching patterns in the same color.
- The Dri-Fit fabric wicks away the sweat and keeps your head dry. There’s a sweat band to keep the perspiration from falling into your eyes. The fabric is a 100% Polyester.
- The Tour Legacy mesh golf cap comes in four sizes. There’s no way to adjust the size at the back. Usually, the four sizes can fit any size of the head.
- The 21 colors also include some suave color combinations like grey/white, dove grey/anthracite etc.
- Comfortable and airy with mesh panels
- Dri-Fit fabric
- Four sizes
- 21 colors
- No adjustable straps at the back
You might also like :
Nike Golf - Dri-FIT Swoosh Perforated Cap
Golf hats demand a reasonable price in return for protection from hazardous elements of sunrays. Nike has worked with the golfers long enough to know what really matters to them. The minimalistic style of their Dri-fit swoosh perforated golf cap hides a lot of technicalities. To get mesh-like performance out of standard fabric itself is a big deal. Then there’s the spot-on fitment and comfort. The calculated move of a colored underbill also adds to its street cred. Above all, it is versatile enough to be worn anywhere. All the best golf hats covered here differ only in style and size constraints. They are just as comfortable.
- Rated 5 stars
- What Are The Best Golf Hats And How To Buy Them?
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- DesignEditor: 100%
- QualityEditor: 100%
- Easy Of UseEditor: 80%
- Low - High PriceEditor: 60%