Golf might be an elite game but that doesn’t mean it’s completely free of grunt work. You have to walk oodles across the length and breadth of the golf course. This is much more difficult if you are burdened with your golf equipment and water bottle. Of course, golf carts are always an option, but they are as high maintenance as an extra marital affair. A more amusing solution is using golf push carts.
Driven by market, these push carts have evolved in their architecture. We have lightweight, sturdy golf push carts than can carry your golf clubs, umbrella, kitchen sink and what not. Best part is, it gives you the much needed exercise without being cumbersome or costly. Check out our list of the best golf push cart reviews 2017 and buy one of these babies already! Because your golf clubs are not going to haul themselves.
Comparison Chart : Top 5 Best Golf Push Cart Reviews 2017
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
CaddyTek SuperLite Deluxe Golf Push Carts
CaddyTek is no late bloomer to the golf supply market. They make everything from shoe brush to golf laser rangefinders. Their expertise is niche in the golf cart area. CaddyTek SuperLite Deluxe is the right example of how they have capitalized on their knowledge in this domain
Features & Benefit:
- CaddyTek Superlite Deluxe golf push cart is a 3-wheel wonder.
- Its 27 inch wide body has a heavy duty steel frame backbone. In spite of the solid build, it is relatively lightweight at just 12.2 pounds.
- It has a one-step folding mechanism that collapses it to fit in the car trunk.
- Terrain is a very important consideration in your choice of push carts. They must suffer the abuse of rocks and unruly geography.
- SuperLite maintains perfect traction with its durable 11 inch back wheels and 8 inch front wheel.
- Ball bearings ensure they ride safe over all kinds of territory.
- Back wheels can be removed when folding. A foot brake keeps SuperLite golf push cart from running wild over the golf course.
- Single press will bring it to a halt or set it in motion.
- The padded handle of this cart can be adjusted into 4 different holding positions depending on what is comfortable for you.
- It has provisions to hold an umbrella or a beverage bottle, mesh net and patented bag rack.
- A stand, tour or cart bag can be easily housed on this golf push cart.
- A plastic cover to hold score card is also provided.
- Clasps and binds on the cart are very strong and will bear the weight of your golf clubs
CaddyTek Superlite Deluxe is a well streamlined design. Nothing can make it tip over. Especially from our list of best golf push cart
Clicgear Model 3.5+ Golf Cart
Clicgear is a Reddot award winner for design excellence. Model 3.5+ is a labor of love from the same house. This push cart remains popular with the golf mongers. Its swanky looks can earn you instant admiration at the course. Colored highlights enhance the profile of Model 3.5+ earning it some brownie points
Features & Benefit:
- Model 3.5+ golf push cart has made many corrections of its predecessor Model 3.0’s pitfalls.
- Its 18-pound body is molded out of scratch resistant aircraft aluminum.
- It is lightweight for its rugged build.
- People of different heights can manipulate the handle up to 45 degrees for better grip.
- It is ridden by 3 maintenance free, airless tires than can map any terrain due to increased width over 3.0 push cart.
- A separate lever with water resistant anchor pivot constitutes the braking system.
- Model 3.5+ golf push cart is foldable and reduces to a structure of 17 x 15 x 33 inches.
- It features a much bigger mesh net. New umbrella holder is a welcome addition.
- Cup holder of this push cart is more flexible allowing you to lock in cups of different sizes.
- Clasps and cords tightly bind any hardware put on the 3.5+.
- The large console can carry everything from golf balls to scorecards.
- Bells and whistles for attaching many accessories are integrated to 3.5+ golf push carts.
- These include place for shoe brush, rangefinders, smartphones et al
Clicgear remains committed towards improving your user experience rather than just the architecture of their push cart. And that is the reason why Clicgear model 3.5+ has earned a place in the best golf push carts list
Clicgear 8.0 Golf Push Cart
Remember the Reddot award that Clicgear won. It was for Model 8.0. It is definitely that awesome a cart. Hot on the heels of Model 3.5+, they came up with the Clicgear Model 8.0 golf push cart that packs a dangerous set of 4 wheels and a design that speaks solid. The profile of the push cart is enough to convince you
Features & Benefit:
- Taking the ergonomic track, Model 8 looks to divide weight over four huge tires.
- Placement of levers is done tastefully and makes it extremely comfortable to use.
- It folds to look like a mini army tank of 27″ x 17″ x 15″.
- Folding is an easy routine. You don’t have to wrestle with the contraption to unfold or close it.
- It is mobile even when folded if the brake is off.
- A cable-based locking hand brake controls its movement over the course.
- Console rests with a magnetic latch that shuts firmly.
- It can hold all your personal junk and golf balls and scorecard.
- Mesh pouch is big enough to bring in water bottles, laser rangefinders all at once.
- Your golf bag can be secured on to the golf push cart using an adaptable bungee cord.
- Wheels of Model 8 are wide, airless and maintenance shy.
- They support the weight of your golf clubs properly without keeling over and embarrassing you on the course
The overall storage capacity of Model 8.0 golf push cart is very well constituted. Add that to its formidable looks and we have a winner in the best golf push carts category
CaddyTek One-Click Folding 4 Wheel Version 3 Golf Push Cart
CaddyTek is not putzing around with push cart business. That is evident from CaddyTek One-Click Folding 4 Wheel V.3 golf push cart. Featuring a stable design that collapses like a practised gymnast, V3 is beautiful in a subtle way. Handling this cart is a breeze. It boasts of storage capacity rivalling more expensive carts in the market
Features & Benefit:
- CaddyTek V3 paints an elegant picture with aluminum crafted structure.
- Even with four wheels, the weight is curtailed to 17 pounds. It is, by no means, fragile for its weight.
- It features one-click folding mechanism that is patented. There is no manual labor involved in this.
- V3 golf push cart is lent extra traction through 4 wheels made of hard rubber.
- They are airless but do not slip over grass because of their rubber make.
- Front wheel alignment keeps the cart true to its course. V3 uses a patented push brake system for controlling cart movements.
- A plushy padded handle steers the push cart.
- Specially designed basket is attached to the handle which houses a cooler, umbrella holder, storage rack and mesh holder.
- Cup holder and scorecard rack are combined along with a place to hold ball marker on the body of this golf push cart.
- Mounted on the frame is a proprietary structure for engulfing your golf bag tightly
CaddyTek One-Click Folding 4 Wheel V.3 golf push cart redefines portability. Literally every nook and cranny of this equipment has been patented. A lot of fresh thought has gone into the making of this golf cart. Considering its budget-oriented make, it will be a shame to not add it to our best golf push cart list
CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Carts
CaddyTek is acing this list with multiple entries now. This one is the most affordable find from CaddyTek which needed special mention for allowing noobs to buy golf push carts. CaddyTek EZ-Fold, a three wheel ride as the name suggests, is a compact and uncomplicated caddie on wheels
Features & Benefit:
- The petite frame of EZ-Fold3 hides a durable aluminum frame that is tough to defeat.
- Folding is facilitated by a two-step routine.
- The button to do this is surprise, surprise... patented.
- This golf push cart runs on only 3 wheels.
- These wheels are rubber-made hardy affairs that rarely need replacement or maintenance.
- They have the right alignment to provide a balance on both difficult and deceptively smooth ground.
- Ditching the hand break,
- EZ-Fold3 opts for a foot brake which comes more naturally to a driver.
- The handle is ergonomically padded and can be angled for more comfort.
- This CaddyTek golf push cart can strap on the basics like golf bag. You have a separate storage space for beverages, laser rangefinders, scorecards etc...
- CaddyTek EZ-Fold Push cart is famished for features. But that’s because it has been purposely kept light in view of cutting the price down.
- It performs its basic functions to the letter. This cart comes in a number of colors to add excitement to a great buy.
CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push cart takes a spot in the best golf push cart list for being non-messy and cheaper than its super cousin
TYPES OF GOLF CARTS
1. Golf Pull Carts:
Golf pull carts are not as popular as the golf push carts. What’s the difference? As logic would have it, golf pull carts are pulled behind you. These typically have two wheels which is all you need to drag your golf luggage around. These are more traditional designs. Based on personal preference, you might find them harder to use than the golf push cart.
2. Golf Push Carts:
Golf Push carts are the most commonly used golf carts. They usually have three wheels so that they can be pushed ahead of you. Many manufacturers like Clicgear, CaddyTek etc. also produce 4-wheel drives that are exceptionally stable and easier to move. But they carry the bulk of the extra wheel and can be harder to collapse.
3. Remote Controlled Golf Push Carts:
Remote-controlled golf carts come with a managing device that gives you the control of their movement. You can control your cart from within a range in which the remote control works. So you can literally summon your cart to your service. There are many considerations here. You have to do thorough research to see that the vehicle is safe and does not run wild on the golf course.
4. Golf Carts:
There’s THE golf cart, a small open vehicle that can carry you and your gear and even a buddy/caddy. It requires the least effort to maneuver. If you are a careful driver, this is a good option.
5. Electric Golf Push Carts:
If you want to reserve your energy to bring your A-game to the golf course, then you can resort to an electric golf push cart. It works on batteries so that’s one added concern for you. But it has some pretty cool features like Cruise control and speed memory which lets you go back and set it on a speed you found convenient earlier. Needless to say, it is more expensive than the regular golf carts.
BEST GOLF PUSH CART : BUYING TIP
An average golf bag can weigh 30 pounds or more. If you are not a ham-stuffing, steak glutton, that’s probably one third of your body weight. You can either carry the golf bag yourself or get a caddie. One is going to be heavy on your back and the other on your pocket. The alternative? A golf push cart. It carries all your stuff with minimum effort. And you do not have to give up the sedate walk that you enjoy between the shots. Choosing the best golf push cart could be quite the challenge. But prioritizing your needs and matching them against the equipment is the easiest way out. We created a checklist of features that you can refer to quickly, while shopping for the best golf cart. Also check out our best golf push cart reviews for more information.
1. Wheel size:
For any item to be stable on a surface, it should have a large contact area. Golf carts with larger wheels are easier to move around. They negotiate with tough terrains easily. They have better traction on rocky and uneven ground. Wider tires are more stable on smoother low friction surfaces.
To avoid mishaps its best to choose golf push carts with brakes. With the amount of weight you load on the cart, they could run out of control on inclined surfaces. Having a brake helps control their movement instantly. There are hand-brake versions and foot brake golf carts. The hand brakes can be operated fast but foot brakes require lesser effort.
3. Sturdy handles:
A golf push cart is maneuvered using the handle. This handle must be designed and positioned ergonomically. Many golf carts offer 2-3 detent positions for handles so that you can use them per your height or comfort. The handles must be well made and should bear the weight of your golf bag.
The whole idea of owning a golf push cart is to reduce the stress on your arms. The best golf carts are compact and easy to carry around. Even when you put them in the trunk of the car, they should be designed to fit such small spaces. The more compact they is, the more their usability is.
The golf carts are collapsible. They can be folded within themselves to form a small package that can be easily transported. In an age where we travel afar for golf tournaments and courses, this is a must-have feature.
6. Storage capacity:
If you have been golfing for a while, you would know what equipment you need on the go. The best golf push carts use their real estate strategically to provide storage options for your irons, umbrella, water bottle etc.. Some of them come with the golf bag included. But it is best to avoid too many features and pockets. Each pocket adds weight to the golf push cart and tempts you to carry more. This unnecessary repetitive strain can affect your arm adversely.
7. Ease of use:
Before choosing the best golf push cart for yourself, check out if it is easy to collapse and easy to assemble back. All its zips and pockets must be convenient to use and close. You shouldn’t have to fiddle to slip your items in. Because it will be hard to hold the cart steady and engage both your hands at the same time.
Using a golf push cart has many advantages over motorized carts, not the least of which is seeing your pounds melt away from the exercise. Push carts offer you a chance to mingle. They are low maintenance and portable. Besides why use a sword for a needle’s job. Golf push carts have grown popular with the health conscious circle. We are hoping this good trend will catch on. When it does reach you, this best golf push cart list will help you take your pick.
Related Post :
- Rated 5 stars
- Best Golf Push Carts Reviews & Comparison Chart
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- DesignEditor: 100%
- QualityEditor: 100%
- Easy Of UseEditor: 80%
- Low - High PriceEditor: 60%