Every time you walk onto a golf course, you might be wearing science on you. Why settle for a normal polo shirt when the best golf shirts can make half your golf swing for you? We didn’t think most people needed help picking up shirts for the course. But when the marshal walks up to you and tells you that you are violating the club dressing ethics, you might feel like dropping through the floor. That’s why we partnered with the golf attire experts and raked up five best golf shirts for men.
Comparison Chart : Top 5 Best Golf Shirts For Mens 2017
What Are Golf Shirts?
That’s a valid question. Can’t we just wear a formal-looking t-shirt to the golf course? Well, no. You will be rudely reminded of your mistake by someone at your golf club where they still follow Victorian standards of treating the commonfolk. So it would do well to get acquainted with the attire in question, the golf shirt.
Golf shirts are a customized version of tennis shirts. Both are variations of the traditional Polo shirts. These are cotton or poly-cotton shirts. They have a button placket down their front that runs deeper than a traditional polo shirt. It would usually have 2 or 3 buttons. Polo shirts use a rib-knit collar which is fine for the golf course. But the true golf shirts have a double layer of the shirt fabric serving as the collar.
What Are Golf Shirts Made Of?
The normal versions of golf shirts are mostly made out of cotton or polyester cotton blend. In summer, cotton is pretty breathable and helps you stay cool. It’s a story that has passed down right from our grandmas. They have a slightly open weave that allows open thoroughfare of air. Cotton is also good with soaking sweat and dries off quickly.
Lately, we have seen some performance fabric-based golf shirts as well. These are specifically meant for active- and sportswear. In these kinds of golf shirts, the performance fabric is spun into other clothes like cotton, polyester etc.. These are ultra-light and facilitate fast movement. They have rocket science applied on them to wick moisture and keep the fabric open to air. Golfers are usually more comfortable with the cotton golf shirts. We like them for being raw and organic.
Tips To Make The Most Of Best Golf Shirts?
There are some key tips for dressing up for golfing:
- Look for matching clothes. Do not simply slap on broadly patterned pants with sunny-colored shirts like John Daly. Look for soothing base colors for your best golf pants and combine them tastefully with light-colored shirts. Or else you can go with dark-colored shirts and khaki or grey pants.
- Always tuck in your golf shirt. This is like a norm. Whether you are wearing shorts<Insert link> or pants, tucking in the shirt makes you look professional. The collar of the golf shirt also helps with polishing your street cred.
- Ditch the standard brown and black belts. Instead look at the shirt and trouser combination and pick a matching or completely contrasting fabric belt. The fabric belts are perforated enough to keep your waist cool compared to leather belts.
- If you are wearing half-sleeved shirts for the summer, make sure that the sleeves stop above your elbows. Anything beyond that looks like a bad fit. When playing in cold areas you can wear a jumper over your golf shirt or a full-sleeved shirt.
- If you choose a golf shirt made of the performance tech fabric, they are likely to have some neon highlights. These can be distracting if paired with a gaudy trouser. So go for solid-colored pant with preferably matte finish.
- If you are conscious about your pecs showing through the shirt, prefer cotton or cotton-blend golf shirts over performance tech shirts.
- Do upgrade the fitment of your shirt when you are revamping your golf wardrobe. Go for the latest fit according to your current body.
Which Are The Best Golf Shirts?
While Polo shirts are dime a dozen, the true golf shirts have a number of discerning features. We selected 5 best golf shirts for men based on:
- Comfort: Golf shirts are designed for the specific requirements of a sportsperson. Any golf clothing should allow your body to move freely during the swings. The best golf shirts conform to your upper body when you are in the motions of taking a shot. They don’t catch even when tucked in so you can go through the full rotation of the swing.
- Ventilation: Since golf shirts go on upper body, ventilation is very important. Try taking a shot when you are feeling hot and bothered around your neck. The best golf shirts allow you to focus on your game by venting out the heat and keeping your mind calm.
- Style: If you have had a relatively drab wardrobe until now, here’s the chance to step up your fashion game. The best golf shirts covered here rate high on the style quotient. Make the move from sloppy fitment and faded colors to the braced and athletic fit of these shirts.
Top 5 Best Golf Shirts For Men 2017:
Hanes Men’s ComfortSoft Piqué Polo
Hanes has a good reputation when it comes to clothing and apparel. So when we picked up the Hanes Men’s ComfortSoft Piqué, we were sure that it will be a treat to wear. This golf shirt has the tennis-shirt like fitment and features. It is as comfortable as they come.
Features & Benefit :
- There are 15 colors available in this golf shirt. Some of these varieties differ in the material used.
- While most of them are 100% cotton, Ash color has a 99% cotton blend with 1% polyester.
- Light steel model has 90% cotton and 10% polyester.
- These run true to the size but they aren’t pre-shrunk. So once you wash them in cold water and tumble dry them, they might shrink. So account for that size difference. If you are at the fence between two sizes, go for the higher size.
- The collar and sleeve cuff of this Hanes golf shirt are rib-knit so that they retain their shape. They are also easier to iron than double-layer collars.
- The placket is clean-cut with 3 wood-tone buttons. These give one of the best golf shirts a nice earthy edge. The cut of the shirt is such that it can be worn to work.
- The material is lighter and thinner than usual Polo shirts and gives you nice moving range.
- Light fabric
- 15 colors
- Rib-knit color and sleeve cuff
- Wood-toned buttons
- Keeps you cool
- Shrinks 10% after washing
Under Armour Men's UA Performance Team Polo
The Under Armour men’s UA Performance Team Polo golf shirt is a performance-oriented wearable. It is a polyester/Elastane blend that gives your shoulders room to move during the golf swing. This is a 4-way stretch fabric meant to bring fluidity to your moves.
Features & Benefit :
- This UA golf shirt claims 50+ UPF protection from the sun. This is especially important as you stand a higher risk from the sun these days.
- UA also incorporates an anti-pick and anti-pill fabric that keeps it looking fresh and new. It employs a Moisture Wicking technology that routes the sweat away from your body.
- The neck has a three-button placket that allows free rotation of neck for active sports. There’s a logo on the right side of the chest. It’s slightly bigger than the size of a quarter.
- It’s done in white on dark hues and black in lighter shirts.
- Altogether, there are more than 25 color options in the UA Performance Team golf shirt. Between them, they can cover almost all combinations with trousers.
- Make sure to buy this shirt from a trusted seller. Many fakes have been floating in the market for these, and feel nothing like the best golf shirts.
- Polyester/Elastane blend
- Relaxed fit
- 50+ UPF sun protection
- Runs true to size
- 25+ colors
- Logo placement might not be suitable for everyone
Joe’s USA Men's Silk Touch Golf Polo's
The Men’s Silk Touch golf polo’s golf shirt has the golden touch when it comes to active-wear. There are 16 color options in this shirt including neon yellow and neon orange. These are excellent for jobs that require you to wear high visibility colors as well. The trim fit makes you look suave, on and off the course.
Features & Benefit :
- The Joe’s USA men’s golf shirt has its cuff and collar done in double layers of its own material.
- It looks uniform and more professional than the rib-knit design.
- The sleeves have an open cuff, so you won’t find them tightening on your arms as you swing the golf club.
- The shirts comes up till the hips.
- Joe’s USA has made these golf shirts multipurpose with subtle design decisions. There are no visible logos outside. There’s no tag at the collar to irritate you when you wear it. The logo is printed under the collar, inside.
- The 3-button placket is also a point of interest. The buttons are dyed the same color as the fabric.
- 100% polyester is used for the design.
- These come in sizes XS through 4XL. So, people with any body type have a chance at owning one of the best golf shirts.
- Washing the golf shirt in cold water and keeping it away from the dryer will help its survive longer
- Trim athletic fitment
- No visible logos or irritating tags
- Fabric collar and cuff for a professional look
- 16 colors in 8 sizes
- Length might not be enough for some people
Nike Golf Victory Solid Polo
Nike is devoted to designing golfing attires for their star-studded high profile lineup. A golf shirt from them is bound to impress you. The Golf Victory solid polo shirt gives us some serious wardrobe goals. These sell premium as their brand demands. But the comfort and dry-fit of the shirt vindicate its price.
Features & Benefit :
- There are around 32 color options in Nike Golf Victory Solid polo golf shirt. And each one looks professional enough to be taken to the golf course.
- They are available in sizes Small to 3XL. But beware, when you buy these shirts from the store, you might have a choice between Standard Fit and Tour Performance fit.
- The latter is more athletic and may be slimmer than the Standard fit of the same size. Golfers with lean physique should check out the Tour performance one.
- Nike claims these golf shirts have ergonomic shoulder seams which means they won’t rip apart with a powerful swing.
- Nike doesn’t lie about the moisture wicking. This is one of the driest shirts we have worn to the course. At no point was it soaking from odorous sweat.
- The Tour Performance model maintains the same standard in spite of its body-hugging fit.
- The silky smooth polyester looks sharp through the round.
- Light and airy
- Effective moisture-wicking
- Standard and Tour Performance fit
- Allows proper movement without being baggy
- Smooth stylish finish
PGA TOUR Men's Golf Air Flux Short-Sleeve Solid Polo Shirt
PGA Tour men’s golf Air Flux golf shirt comes straight from the lion’s den. So it is the threshold for golf dressing etiquette. This is a 100% polyester specimen which can be machine-washed. It is offered in 10 colors with generous helping of both solid and light colors.
Features & Benefit :
- The PGA Tour Air Flux golf shirt uses the same polyester fabric for the collar and sleeve cuffs. Both these are double layers of the fabric. This gives them a great pro golfer look.
- The neck placket has 3 buttons, all white on every model.
- The sizes range from Small and 2XL.The half sleeve extends till just above the elbow.
- One very convenient design point is that there isn’t any logo on the shirt. It doesn’t have a tag on the collar. It doesn’t let on that its one of the best golf shirts. Rather the logo is printed inside under collar.
- The sizes usually run true.
- They keep the wearer cool during the humid days.
- The fabric is moisture-wicking so it remains dry during those hot days.
- Professional golf shirts
- Moisture-wicking and ventilated
- 10 colors
- Some pieces have threads coming out
Editor's Choice : Hanes Men’s ComfortSoft Piqué Polo
The best golf shirts had to jump a few hurdles to reach this list. The Hanes Men’s ComfortSoft Piqué golf shirt won the top honor because of its all-round performance. Even at its modest price, it offered cool shroud to the golfers who struggle in the sun. 15 colors with wood-tone buttons indicate their attention to detail. The small price doesn’t mean it skimps on comfort. The other golf shirts are equally well-made in their price range. Folks can be weirdly particular about their golf shirts, and these ones can bear the bird-eye inspection. Be it for heavy duty work or prodigious golf performance, these shirts will pave the way.
- Rated 5 stars
- How To Choose The Best Golf Shirts 2017 : Reviews and All You Need To Know
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- DesignEditor: 100%
- QualityEditor: 100%
- Easy Of UseEditor: 80%
- Low - High PriceEditor: 60%