- Golf GPS is revolutionizing the way we look at golf distance measuring. Gone are the days when caddies would measure distance in steps or aim and hold the laser rangefinders for eternity. Today, we have the best golf GPS reviews watches and handhelds to give us instant distances. Manufacturers are harnessing satellite-based precision to put convenience in our palms. You don’t have to look at shaggy hair and salmon pink shorts while taking the next swing. A snazzy device will do the caddying for you.
- We have selected 5 each of the best golf GPS watch, 2017 and best golf GPS reviews handhelds, 2017. This is a comprehensive buying guide that explains how golf GPS reduces your handicap and brings a new lease of life to your game.
COMPARISON CHART : TOP 5 BEST GOLF GPS HANDHELDS REVIEWS 2017
COMPARISON CHART : TOP 5 BEST GOLF GPS WATCH REVIEWS 2017
*Below, you'll find our more reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
How Does Golf GPS Help?
It improve your games:
Contrary to what non-conformists believe, golf GPS watches and handhelds do not make you a slave to technology. Instead they help you point out and confirm to your best instincts. This conditioning comes with a little help from a passive mentor that these golf watches can be. It goes a long way in reducing your golf handicap.
The whole idea behind golf GPS is providing distance. It does the work of laser rangefinders at half the price and size. Granted Laser rangefinders are more accurate, usually within a yard. But golf GPS watches are accurate within a few yards and eliminate the shaky hand conundrum and the time-consuming process of determining distances to center, back and front.
Distances to 'invisible' targets:
Well, not literally. Laser rangefinders require the targets to be in line of sight for distance measurement. This is because they are dependent on a forward and backward traveling laser wave to measure the distance. Any obstacle should not obstruct this wave on the course. Since golf GPS watches and handhelds depend on navigation satellites, they do not need to generate line-of-sight waves. Golf watches will calculate the distance measurements to out of sight targets as well.
The interface of golf GPS units is usually quite user-friendly. Once you get acquainted with your play and operation of the golf watch, you can customize the settings for future games.
Lowers golf handicap and increases confidence:
Golf is a game of instincts. Rangefinders are but minor contributors to the match outcome. New players may find the premise of golf staggering, given the need to beat the golf course and nature. A good golf GPS device lets you test your gut feeling and get on with the game faster. It keeps you from second-guessing the distance as you would with laser rangefinder which is prone to human error. The ability to track statistics using the golf GPS device gives you additional information on the key points to improve your game.
Other Use For These Type Of Golf GPS & Our Picks
1. Golf GPS Watches:
Easily the most conspicuous of Golf GPS systems, the GPS watch is a caddie on your wrist. Distance to front, center and back are the most common parameters measured in golf. A watch that does it while automatically updating your advancement through the golf course is indeed technology you need.
Once you have made up your mind to jump on the Golf GPS bandwagon, take a look at the following devices that we handpicked and broke down for unbiased reviews:
GARMIN APPROACH S2 GPS GOLF WATCH
There is nothing that a Garmin S2 can’t solve (previously, rum if you are a pirate). Being a wearable golf GPS gear with fewer features has seemingly bolstered its reputation. Because when it comes to golf rangefinders, it turns out that less is more
Features & Benefit :
- The S2 sits comfortable and light on your wrist even as it stores 30,000 preloaded worldwide courses. S2 was succeeded by Garmin S3 which is a touchscreen GPS watch. So many buyers made the jump from S1 to S3 directly. But if you want advanced features without a need to poke the screen with sausage fingers, S2 is right for you.
- The display is sunlight readable and has a backlight.
- The set-up process of S2 is fairly user-friendly. Four buttons control the entire operation of the GPS golf watch. Switch it on and it will automatically detect the course and locate your coordinates.
- The hole number you are playing at, the yardages and dogleg or layup view are instantly available. S2 also provides shot distance measurement feature. You can toggle between measurement and hole view without disturbing the ongoing shot measurement process.
- Automatic hole advance feature on this golf GPS watch means you don’t have to fiddle to update location after every hole.
- An in-built odometer measures the number of steps you take.
- The scorecard can be downloaded on the computer when the S2 is connected to it. If you fear the analysis paralysis phenomenon, then S2 offers the bare basics for your game.
- Accurate within 3-4 yards
- Layup, dogleg distances.
- Shot distance measurement
- Digital scorecard
- Has time-telling capability and odometer
- Easy to operate
- Waterproof and visible in all climates
- No touchscreen means battery drains relatively slowly
- Score tracking requires more button presses.
GARMIN VIVOACTIVE GOLF GPS WATCH
The Garmin Vivoactive Golf GPS Watch comes with a heart rate monitor included in the package. This watch can also be purchased without the monitor which would reduce the price.
Features & Benefit :
- The Garmin Vivoactive golf GPS device is a touchscreen wonder. This suave piece of technology has killer looks and the technology to go with it.
- Boasting of over 38,000 map database capacity, this is a highly evolved device. It is meant mainly for the golfers, although it supports fitness tracking during running, swimming, cycling, walking etc..
- The main distances are easy to pull up on this golf GPS watch. You get the yardages to the front, center and back. Distances to layups and doglegs are also given.
- These are all shown on the in-built golf app which you can select amongst other activity apps. You can maintain individual stroke play scorecards and track your progress. It measures your shot distances.
- There aren’t many other golf metric on the Garmin Vivoactive. So in effect, it is almost similar to the basic Garmin S2. But you have the option to track fitness figures. It has an accelerometer which tracks your everyday movement. It reminds you when you have been sedentary for a long time. It can also follow your heart rate.
- The battery lasts 10 hours on GPS mode and 3 weeks on watch mode.
- The touchscreen of the Vivoactive golf GPS watch is easily readable in the sunlight. The golfer is required to connect the watch to the PC and downloaded the courses through Garmin Connect. Garmin Vivoactive is perfect for someone who wants minimum golf GPS indulgence and also wants to replace a fitness band.
- Easy to operate with a smart-looking touchscreen
- Precise yardages - front, middle and back yardages of the green
- Lay-up distances - yardages to doglegs and hazards
- Ultra-thin with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color touchscreen
- Battery life is also superb with 10 hours in GPS mode and up to three weeks in watch mode.
- Built-in sports apps - GPS-enabled golfing, running and cycling
- Receives notifications from smartphone
- Occasionally patchy notifications
- Golf course database has to be downloaded
BUSHNELL NEO XS GOLF GPS WATCH
Bushnell Neo Golf GPS watch XS is a tournament grade, GPS-enabled caddie on your wrist.
Features & Benefit :
- Neo XS golf watch is the gorgeous, sassy and incredibly more useful big brother of the Neo X GPS watch. Contrary to its weight, it is swarming with sophisticated features.
- At a whopping 33,000+ preloaded courses across 30 countries and many more available for free, Neo XS leaves very little to imagination.
- The real fun begins when you enter the golf mode. Neo XS golf GPS watch contacts the satellite in a jiffy and starts displaying the hole number, distances to center, front and back and par data.
- Apart from Auto Course Recognition, it also features Auto Hole Advance with updates to next hole data as you move across the course. Layup distances short of 100m, 150m, 200m and 250m for approach shots are available from the menu.
- Hazard distances of up to 4 hazards per hole are accessible. Shot distance is also a part of the menu options.
- Tee Time is a key takeaway from Neo XS GPS-enabled Golf watch. It allows the golfer to set tee time 1 week in advance.
- Consequently this golf watch will enter the ‘Play Golf’ mode 7 minutes before the time you set and locate the golf course and your coordinates. Smart or what! And if you set an exit time, Neo XS will automatically exit the ‘Play Golf’ mode then, thus conserving battery power.
- Battery life of Neo XS is by far the best we have seen in watches. It lasts through 3 rounds per charge. This golf watch sports a negative display model for better visibility on sunny days. No more boring your eyes into the screen while shading against sunlight!
- Odometer is an integral part of this golf watch which will track your steps and speed. With in-built timer, alarm and stop watch Neo XS is short only of a kitchen sink.
- 33,000 Pre-loaded courses
- 4 Hazard and layup distances
- Auto Course Recognition, Auto Hole Advance
- Tee Time Features. Golf watch will set up the golf course and location automatically.
- Exit Golf option to automatically power off after a specified time
- 3-round battery life
- Odometer, alarm, stop-watch, timer
- Comfortable, long band, lightweight
- Statistics is lacking owing to the device's small size
GARMIN APPROACH S20 GPS GOLF WATCH
Garmin Approach S20 golf GPS watch is laden with advanced golf metrics. With basic fitness tracking capabilities, it is a jack of many trades.
Features & Benefit :
- The Garmin S20 golf watch is an uber-cool gadget that stops short of complicated touchscreen. With the whole distance package and some innovative features, it is placed at the reasonable end of price spectrum
- For every shot, the S20 Golf GPS watch generates location and distance information via the AutoShot feature. This data is synced with the Garmin Connect Mobile app and can be broken down later.
- Distances to the greens, layups, doglegs and hazards are also readily available on both the GPS watch and the app. You can place flagsticks and find yardages.
- The GreenView feature gives you the exact shape and layout of the course allowing you to reposition your location easily. The Garmin Approach S20 golf GPS watch keeps tracking fairway hits, putts per round and greens in regulation through the game and all this available on your mobile app.
- Battery life is a huge improvement over previous models. The GPS watch is also TruSwing compatible, another Garmin find that can be attached to your club. This swing sensor works with the S20 to deliver comprehensive metrics of your swing.
- The Garmin golf GPS watch comes with 40,000 courses worldwide preloaded in its database free of subscription fees.
- The display is a high resolution monochrome screen that is visible in sunlight. S20 golf GPS watch is also waterproof up to 50m depth.
- Apart from all this, it works as a seamlessly smart companion that cooperates with your phone to provide text, call and push message notifications on the watch screen.
- 40,000 pre-loaded courses
- Yardages to layups, doglegs and hazards
- Flagstick placement
- AutoShot records distance and location of shot automatically
- Tracks fairway hits, putts per round and greens in regulation
- Notifications from phone
- Bugs in software.
BUSHNELL NEO ION GOLF GPS WATCH
Bushnell Neo Ion golf GPS watch is for the hardened veterans who want their yardages without being barraged by too much information.
Features & Benefit :
- Bushnell has excelled in the laser rangefinder field. It is slowly making its mark in the golf GPS domain as well. The Neo Ion golf GPS watch packs some basic fitness tracking to its golf capabilities. With over 35,000 preloaded golf courses, it provides wide coverage.
- The sporty look is complemented by a perforated strap that makes sure your wrist stays ventilated through the rounds. The silicone material feels soft and airy on your wrist.
- This golf GPS watch has two of the best features of Neo XS. It has the Tee Time function. Once the next tee-off is set for the current week, the watch will automatically enter the Play Golf mode 7 minutes before tee time and recognize the course. If you specify the Auto Shut off time, it will Exit the Play Golf mode to conserve power after those many hours.
- This substantiates its already strong battery life of 4 rounds. Apart from the basic yardages, it shows distances to layups and 4 nearest hazards.
- The Auto Hole advance keeps it abreast of the game. Shot distance measurement helps you find average club distances.
- The operation of Neo Ion golf GPS watch is quite simple and customer-oriented. Moving through the menu feels intuitive. It has an odometer and a pedometer to calculate steps and distance walked. There’s no scoring feature, so we classified it as an entry-level golf GPS device. At its price, it bangs big for the bucks
- Tee Time feature prepares the watch automatically before tee-off anytime during the next 7 days
- Auto Shut off exits Play Golf mode after specified amount of time
- Auto Course Recognition and Hole advance
- Distances to layups and 4 hazards
- Shot distance measurement
- Long battery life
- The display could have used more area on the round screen
2. Golf GPS Handhelds:
The user interface in these golf GPS systems will be similar to your smartphones so the familiarity makes it easy to navigate.
GARMIN APPROACH G8 GOLF COURSE GPS
Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS lives up to the expectations of the Garmin users who used the Approach G6 or G7 previously. Apart from slope-adjusted distances, it can download courses over Wi-Fi, without having to connect to a computer.
Features & Benefit :
- Garmin Approach G8 golf GPS makes you nostalgic about the thick smartphones that sleek iPhones and classy Android phones replaced. It has a 3.9x6.5cm screen and is 1.3cm thick.
- Apart from the screen, it has two navigation buttons at the bottom. These let you carry out certain functions when you are tired of negotiating with the screen with your sausage fingers.
- One of the prime features that Garmin uses to market G8 golf GPS is the slope-adjusted distance. Before Garmin G7, this feature could only be found in laser rangefinders. Called PlaysLike distances, these figures pop up right next to other distances. Distances to front, center and back of the greens, hazards and doglegs are readily available on Garmin Approach G8. You can also increase the font size of the main yardages to read them at a glance.
- Layup arcs of 100, 150, 200 and 250 yards are displayed so that you can plan a safe maneuver to get across the hazard. Whenever you are taking a blind shot, you can use the PinPointer to show you the direction to the center of the green. It is not always spot-on but you get an estimate.
- ClubAdvice feature recommends clubs based on your club averages.
- Garmin Approach G8 comes equipped with a digital scorecard that can keep track of up to 4 players. The operation is not the easiest. There are numerous button presses and you are required to enter the score for every hole. This can be tedious.
- You can either view the statistics on the G8, your PC or on the Garmin Connect portal. This is also a front to share your scores and learn how others are playing.
- Slope-adjusted distances
- Pin Pointer feature for blind shots
- Club advice feature
- Scorecard for up to 4 players
- Bluetooth connection to receive phone notifications
- Shot measurement
- Scorecard feature is complicated to operate
- Not tournament–legal
GARMIN APPROACH G6 GOLF GPS COURSE
The Garmin G6 handheld golf GPS brings you the best of Garmin golf arsenal without the debatable slope-distances. Of golf tournaments are likely to let you use it, subject to the Local rule.
Features & Benefit :
- Garmin Approach G6 looks like a little more evolved smartphone than the G5. It has some glossy surfaces thrown in with 2 ounce reduction in weight from G5. Its screen measures 2.6 inch across. Most of the functionality is controlled by the touchscreen in Garmin Approach G6. But they do have a two buttons at the bottom for Green View and digital scorecard. The power button resides on the left side.
- More than 25,000 courses come preloaded on Garmin Approach G6 golf GPS. More courses can be added or existing courses can be updated completely free of cost from the Garmin website. Course detailing has been painstakingly handled by Garmin.
- When you turn, the View on the screen will turn with you. You can zoom in to look at a specific point. Garmin technology decides when to display particular distances. Distance to the center of the green is displayed on the top right corner. Otherwise, you can touch at a point on the map and get the distance from your current point to that point. Garmin Approach G6 will also give you distance from that point to the center of the green.
- Colored layup arcs at 100, 150, 200 and 250 yards on the Garmin G6 guide you through the process of avoiding hazards. You can add your own target points on the course map on Garmin Approach G6.You can see them in the Hole View when they are in and around the hole.
- As a more basic version of the G8’s functionality, Garmin G6 has statistics tracking ability too. It can store the scores for up to 4 golfers. You can track your score, greens in regulation, fairway hits and putts per round.
- An impressive 40,000 courses on offer with free life time update
- Touchscreen display
- Green View to manually move pin to any location
- Layup arcs
- Basic scorecard for up to 4 players
- Battery life up to 15 hours
- Shot distance and club averages
- Some software glitches
- Moving flagstick around the screen is difficult
3. Clip-on/Voice clip-on Golf GPS device:
According to customer reviews, in most of these golf GPS clip-ons, the voice has not been a bother. In fact, the luxury of getting distances hands-free has found many takers.
GOLFBUDDY VOICE GPS
A GolfBuddy Voice GPS brings you the basic distances and shot distances in voice form. It is a hands-free device.
Features & Benefit :
- GolfBuddy Voice GPS was the first product that got GolfBuddy started in the audio golf GPS domain. Needless to say, this simple clip-on kicked up a trend. It almost matched the low-end golf GPS watches in price then. Now it is much more affordable and maintains the sterling accuracy standards of GolfBuddy GPS.
- The GolfBuddy Voice line steals its DNA from the GolfBuddy Voice GPS clip-on. It debuted the square architecture. It is best suited to be hung from your belt loop. Wristband can be separately purchased for Voice to be worn on your wrist. It is not as lightweight as the Voice 2. But it looks smart with its white design and beveled metal edges.
- GolfBuddy Voice golf GPS marked their foray into voice announcements. It can give you the yardages in 8 different languages including English.
- The most important data from this golf GPS device is the distance to center, near and far of greens. The same is displayed on the screen along with par score. It is accurate within 3 yards of the actual distance. It also gives you an approximate green view.Auto course recognition takes some time. Auto hole recognition articulates hole number every time you advance.
- GolfBuddy Voice GPS can speak the time. Shot distances can be measured in 3 button presses. About 35,000+ courses are preloaded into the device and it has the capacity to store up to 40,000 course maps. Course coverage is easily the best perk of GolfBuddy GPS devices. You need to register on their website for free updates via the course manager. This golf GPS device can work through 9 hours on a single battery charge.
- Gives you greens yardages and shot distance
- Voice-enabled in 8 languages
- Auto hole and course recognition
- Wide course coverage
- Not highly accurate
- It is available in a single color.
GOLFBUDDY VOICE 2 GOLF GPS
If you think that too many statistics muddy your golf game then Voice 2 GPS is a perfect GolfBuddy. There are no fancy distractions. However, it comes equipped to expand its usability if you are willing to spend the extra bucks.
Features & Benefit :
- Measuring only 1.76 inches on either side, GolfBuddy Voice 2 GPS is a square tablet. It has a menu button and a screen on the front, couple of buttons on one side and the charging port on the other side. It comes with a clip for the visor. Additionally you can buy wrist bands, belt clips or retractable clip separately to attach it to your attire.
- GolfBuddy Voice 2 GPS covers the basic distances on the greens. You can choose between a male or female voice in over 8 languages for distance announcement. Voice feature can be muted.
- The screen covers only half the space on the face and gives you distances to the center, front and back of the greens at any point of time. Shot distance can be measured by switching on the function. You should press the front menu button at the start and stop points for shot distance.
- Voice 2 golf GPS lets you see a tiny view of greens and you direction of chase. Automatic hole and course recognition allow you to use golf GPS virtually hands-free. Its water resistant structure can suffer through the sudden lash of rain until you find cover. It is not waterproof though. It shows an enviable battery life of 14 hours per charge cycle.
- Voice distance announcements in 8 preloaded languages
- Lightweight and wearable
- Distances to front, center, back and shot distance measurement
- Water-resistant, good battery life
- Not waterproof, just water-resistant
- Another small gripe is that fact that it doesn’t come with a strap.
BUSHNELL NEO GHOST GPS
Bushnell Neo Ghost golf GPS is a basic clip-on with a no-frills attitude.
Features & Benefit :
- Neo Ghost from Bushnell is a pebble form of the basic golf GPS watches. This is a 2.2-inch square tablet with a 1.4” x 1.4” display. It is a regular clip-on GPS unit with no voice alerts to annoy anybody. If wearing a watch on the wrist gives you the creeps, this is the perfect device to hang off your belt loop.
- A multifunction clip is included in the pack. The bold letters are readable in all lighting conditions. It is also inexpensive compared to the golf GPS watches.This is a tournament-legal golf GPS clip-on device. It exploits Bushnell’s 33,000 courses-rich database. There is no subscription fee for updating the course arsenal.
- It readily gives you accurate distances to the center, back and front of the greens. Additionally it also gives you layup yardages and distances for up to 4 hazards per hole. It has auto hole advance, which makes it a hands-free device. Auto course recognition picks out your course from the list if you are in the vicinity.
- The battery lasts through 3 rounds. There are 5 funky colors available in this golf GPS unit.
- Lightweight and small
- Layups and 4 hazard distances per hole
- Shot distance measurement
- Preloaded with 33,000 courses
- No voice
- Easy operation
- Satellite locking is sketchy in some pieces.
1. What is Golf GPS & How Does It Work?
GPS or Global Navigation System is the same commercial system that is used in car navigation and your phone navigation apps. With this feature, you are utilizing the power of satellites in space to pinpoint your location. Started as a military enterprise, this concept and it benefit vent commercial now. The location determination depends on GPS receivers in your device that constantly receive location information from three satellites that are hovering above your location. The signal from each satellite indicates that you must be located in a circular range on the surface of the Earth.
Wherever the signals of three GPS satellites intersect, that's where device pinpoints your location. The fact that the enormous power of space technology is being used for distance measurement on a golf course is humbling.
Beginners trying to learn the ropes can find electronic caddies in the form of these wondrous GPS-enabled golf devices. Too much competition in this niche market means you are going to be bombarded by a variety of Bushnell this and Callaway that. Garmin Connect and Truswing can sound like alien technology.
2. Which Golf GPS Watch To Buy?
Distance measuring capabilities:
The primary reason of having a golf GPS watch is to find accurate distances to center, back and front of the green. Laser rangefinders take the privileged spot when it comes to accuracy of distance measurement. But the golf GPS watches are also catching up with better GPS receivers. The web is replete with reviews of various golf watches, and you can refer to them to get an idea of how to fare relatively in terms of accurate distance measurement
Once the most important feature is spotted, the question appears: how much are you willing to pay for it? The golf GPS watches run north of low price. Depending on the features you need and the models that are allowed in competitions, you might want to strike a balance between the cost and features. If you are just starting to practice and you are looking to hone your instincts in the game, then you should look for a fancier golf GPS watch priced accordingly.
A significant concern that is usually overlooked. The distance measurement capability of the Golf GPS watches is dependent on the device having access to the course maps of the golf course where you’ll play. Most of the golf watches come with at least 20,000+ golf course maps preloaded onto them.
However, if yours is not a well-known course, it may not be on the list. Check the manufacturer’s extended list of available course maps. They can be downloaded to the GPS enabled golf watch for a subscription fee. If it is not on either of these lists, it will be difficult to get the maker to add the course. It is best to opt for models that do not require a subscription fee to download more courses.
The size is another factor that can be disregarded, and it does impact the decision and your game. If worn on a wrist, a large and bulky device might really get in the way of your powerful swing. A slight interference with your swing can affect the ball’s trajectory and distance, and you might lose the game. The size can affect your game negatively or positively - you have to be careful.
With so many competitors in the field, the manufacturers of Golf GPS watches try to make their devices as easy to use as possible. It definitely skews the balance in favor of their product, especially amongst non-tech-savvy golfers. Constantly having to sync to PC, a complex navigation for basic information and poor customer service from the software vendor can doom the product sales
If you have ever owned a smartphone, you know the pain of running out of battery life when you really need it. And believe you me, you don’t want to be stranded at the same altar at a golf course.
So check the reviews and product information for a correct idea of how long the battery lasts, and whether the battery life decreases with age.
This is a no brainer. Once you start golf GPS watch hunting, you start looking out for the best that a watch can do. You should try not to hit the extremes regarding a number of features. Too many can bewilder you and too less can annoy you. Find the balance between the price and a number of features.
While shopping indoors, it won’t strike you that the screen of the golf GPS watch may not work as well in the sun. Outside, in the glare of sunlight, you might have to peer into the screen to be able to read the information. Instead, check for negative display watches or ask the sales personnel for an opinion.
Style and Design:
Inner beauty is not everything after all. The golf GPS watch is going to be your fashion faux pas if it looks as shiny as a fake Rolex. Look for classy, stylish designs and you will not be disappointed. Wear and check if it sits comfortably on your wrist.
Long term perfomance:
For this, you will have to rely solely on buyer reviews. A few products enter with a bang in the market but then decline into mediocrity with easily broken bands, reduced battery life or permanent ‘hanging.’ If you don’t trust your gut, you can find out what other people’s experience with the mentioned golf GPS watch was like.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What kind of golf GPS devices are legal in tournaments?
If the Local Rule is in effect, then you can use Golf GPS watches, handheld golf GPS systems, clip-ons or even phone apps. The device must only provide approved distance related information. It is best to check out with the club for the rules. Devices offering wind and slope measurement are strictly not allowed – you don’t want to get in trouble with the club authorities.
2. Most smartphones come with inbuilt spirit levels. Are they allowed in golf?
Under the purview of the local rule, a smartphone will be allowed if and only if you do not access the spirit level application during the round of golf. The app must not provide any aid in your game of golf.
3. What about a compass feature? Does it count as an unapproved application in a device?
As per changes made in 2014, compass feature is now allowed in golf under Local Rule. Compass only points the direction and is not considered as a restricted parameter in the golf GPS devices.
4. Does the application of the Local Rule at a club override the tournament committee’s take on distance measuring devices if the tournament is being held at that club?
No. The tournament committee has the final say on restriction (or lack of it) on distance measuring devices during the competition irrespective of the club rule. The competition committee rule trumps local club rule during the tournament.
5. The display some Golf GPS Watches is difficult to read in sunlight. What should I do ?
Try to buy a negative display version as in Bushnell Neo XS Golf GPS watch. Or try buying a Garmin Vivoactive which has a high-resolution sunlight readable display
6. Can I find a list of course freely available on the golf GPS device ?
If there are preloaded courses on the device, there would be a course library available on their website.
6. Where can the clip-on Golf GPS devices be clipped on to ?
They can be clipped on to your hat, visor or belt.
7. Are voice Golf GPS devices annoying for other players ?
Most of these devices come with volume control. You can adjust the volume to a level that only you can hear it. GolfBuddy Voice GPS has been reported to be clear and quiet at the same time.
8. Can I add more courses to my Golf GPS Device ?
Sure, if provided your vendor has it in their library. They might or might not charge you for it. That depends on the vendor.
TIPS FOR USING GOLF GPS PRODUCTS
Here are some useful tips which teach you how to effectively use your golf GPS products.
- While both GPS products and laser rangefinders ultimately give you the right choice of the golf club, they use different ways to achieve this goal. Check what suits the you most.
- Some people say that some of the GPS devices have replaced caddies by giving almost all information provided by a caddie. So, make use of the product as you might take help from a caddie.
- Some models of GPS devices even offer an overview of the map for each hole in color and some devices, so before you actually tee off, checks out the trouble spots and the target spots.
- While giving accurate distances, the golf GPS device can help you decide the best club to use, improve your play with speed play and help you plan a strategic game.
- Whichever GPS golf product you choose, before you get too comfortable and attached to it, try to check if that device is tournament legal. Else you might end up with a device handicap and spoil the game when you enter the competition.
- As the distances are very accurate, plan the game strategically by scoping out the targets in advance using the GPS devices.
INFOGRAPHIC: HOW TO CHOOSE BEST GOLF GPS
If you want to check out the popular golf GPS units flying off the shelfs
Golf GPS devices are getting increasingly popular. The technology involved with these is pulsing way ahead of the game so much so that any piece of information, be it about your swing, your shot or the course can be recorded and checked out to improve your game. Golf GPS Reviews could be an essential learning aid in the cutthroat game that golf is.
Hope this buying guide about Best Golf GPS Reviews is helpful.
- Rated 5 stars
- GOLF GPS REVIEWS : Best Golf GPS Watch and HandHelds 2017
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- DesignEditor: 100%
- QualityEditor: 100%
- Easy Of UseEditor: 80%
- Low - High PriceEditor: 60%