- GolfBuddy quickly graduated to a major golf rangefinder manufacturer. Their GPS devices balance innovation and price competitively. They have completely shed the theatrics of subscription fee and upgrade charges that keep many other golf GPS brands afloat. Their voice GPS devices are some of the niftiest golf wearables available. Their lineup has low-maintenance gadgets that you can trust in accuracy matters.
- So we picked out the top 5 Golf Buddy GPS Reviews that can give other brands like Garmin a run for their money.
Comparison Chart: Top 5 Best Golf Buddy 2017 Reviews
GOLFBUDDY GPS PRODUCT
GolfBuddy Voice GPS
GolfBuddy VS4 Golf GPS
GolfBuddy Voice 2 GPS/Rangefinder
GolfBuddy GB-WT3 Golf GPS/Rangefinder
GolfBuddy GB-WT5 Golf GPS Watch
#1: GOLFBUDDY GPS VOICE
Editor's Rating : (5/5)
GolfBuddy Voice GPS was the first product that got GolfBuddy started in the audio golf GPS domain. Needless to say, this simple clip-on kicked up a trend. It almost matched the low-end golf GPS watches in price then. Now it is much more affordable and maintains the sterling accuracy standards of GolfBuddy GPS, hence its place in the best GolfBuddy GPS list.
- The GolfBuddy Voice line steals its DNA from the GolfBuddy Voice GPS clip-on.
- It debuted the square architecture.
- It is larger and chunkier than VS4. It also weighs more. It is better suited to be hung from your belt loop.
- Wristband can be separately purchased for Voice to be worn on your wrist.
- It is not as lightweight as the Voice 2.
- But it looks smart with its white design and beveled metal edges.
- GolfBuddy Voice golf GPS marked their foray into voice announcements.
- It can give you the yardages in 8 different languages including English.
- The most important data from this golf GPS device is the distance to center, near and far of greens.
- The same is displayed on the screen along with par score.
- Auto course recognition takes some time.
- Auto hole recognition articulates hole number every time you advance.
- GolfBuddy Voice GPS can speak the time. Shot distances can be measured in 3 button presses.
- About 35,000+ courses are preloaded into the device and it has the capacity to store up to 40,000 course maps.
- Course coverage is easily the best perk of GolfBuddy GPS devices.
- You need to register on their website for free updates via the course manager.
- It is accurate within 3 yards of the actual distance
- This golf GPS device can work through 9 hours on a single battery charge.
- It also gives you an approximate green view
- Gives you greens yardages and shot distance
- Voice-enabled in 8 languages
- Auto hole and course recognition
- Wide course coverage
- Not highly accurate
#2: GOLFBUDDY VS4 VOICE GPS
Editor's Rating : (5/5)
GolfBuddy VS4 Voice GPS device is the successor of the Voice+ GPS. It gives you all the important yardages and also doubles as a golf GPS watch. Its versatile design and abilities land it in the best GolfBuddy GPS list.
- GolfBuddy VS4 Voice GPS is a 45mm square device that weighs only 1 ounce.
- It has a small screen on its face and buttons for control.
- It can attach to the rim of your cap via a removable clip. You can also clip it to your belt with a a plastic loop.
- Another option is to wear this golf GPS device on your wrist using the accompanying wrist straps.
- They are quite bulky to look at but they do the job.
- The VS4 Voice GPS from GolfBuddy starts off with a Voice guiding you.
- It announces the yardage to the center of the greens by default.
- You can cycle through front and back distances by holding down the menu button.
- It also displays all three distances on the screen so you can mute the voice.
- A button on its side can initiate shot measurement mode. You have to manually start and stop the measurement.
- As you hit a shot, VS4 automatically advances you to the next hole. It can also be set manually.
- Auto-course recognition allows your course to be picked up from a database of 38,000+ updated course maps preloaded into the golf GPS device.
- Its water-resistant design can sit through 10 hours on a single charge.
- It can also show time when modes are switched.
- Accurate distances to front, center, back; shot measurement
- 38,000 pre-loaded courses with dynamic green view
- Can be worn as a watch with watch strap supplied
- Voice can be muted
- Tells time
- Changes hole if you hit to adjacent fairway
#3: GOLFBUDDY VOICE VS2 GPS
Editor's Rating : (5/5)
GolfBuddy Voice 2 golf GPS device is a no-nonsense solution for your simple golfing needs. If you think that too many statistics muddy your golf game then Voice 2 GPS is a perfect GolfBuddy. There are no fancy distractions. However, it comes equipped to expand its usability if you are willing to spend the extra bucks.
- Measuring only 1.76 inches on either side, GolfBuddy Voice 2 GPS is a square tablet.
- It has a menu button and a screen on the front, couple of buttons on one side and the charging port on the other side.
- It comes with a clip for the visor.
- Additionally you can buy wrist bands, belt clips or retractable clip separately to attach it to your attire.
- GolfBuddy Voice 2 GPS covers the basic distances on the greens.
- You can choose between a male or female voice in over 8 languages for distance announcement.
- Voice feature can be muted.
- The screen covers only half the space on the face and gives you distances to the center, front and back of the greens at any point of time.
- Shot distance can be measured by switching on the function.
- You should press the front menu button at the start and stop points for shot distance.
- Voice 2 golf GPS lets you see a tiny view of greens and you direction of chase.
- Automatic hole and course recognition allow you to use golf GPS virtually hands-free.
- Its water resistant structure can suffer through the sudden lash of rain until you find cover.
- It is not waterproof though.
- It shows an enviable battery life of 14 hours per charge cycle.
- Its well-thought design deserves a place in our top GolfBuddy GPS list.
- Voice distance announcements in 8 preloaded languages
- Lightweight and wearable
- Distances to front, center, back and shot distance measurement
- Water-resistant, good battery life
- Not waterproof, just water-resistant
#4: GOLFBUDDY GB-WT5 GOLF GPS WATCH
Editor's Rating : (4/5)
GolfBuddy WT5 golf GPS watch streamlines the features of WT3 into a sleeker and funkier watch. It has almost the same features with slightly better hazard listing. You will appreciate the fact that somebody finally took the GolfBuddy WT3 to the groomers and came out with one of the top GolfBuddy GPS, WT5.
- GolfBuddy WT5 golf GPS watch looks slick in its white/orange avatar.
- It has a bigger screen than the WT4. It also shed .04 ounce from the previous versions.
- Any amount of reduction in weight helps your swing mechanics.
- They have cut down the bulk of the USB charger as well, in an effort to make it more portable.
- Button placement is done to tactile advantage on this golf watch.
- The watch is also available in a subtle black/blue version.
- GolfBuddy retains the large font to display data on WT5 golf GPS watch.
- You will not have any trouble reading distances to center, front and back of the greens off this watch.
- Hazard distances are displayed in a scrollable list with Left and Right markers.
- Pin placement gives you a rough idea of the direction of flags and an estimate of their distances.
- The digital scorecard on WT5 helps you store par scores and total strokes. You can compare these figures with your mates later.
- This GolfBuddy golf GPS watch features auto course and hole recognition based on 38,000 pre-loaded golf course maps.
- Course updation is an easy process where you can overwrite the old course map with new geography.
- WT5 also moonlights as a regular watch and works for 50 days on a single charge in this mode.
- On golf mode it can chug out 8 hours per charge.
- It charges fast. Software updates are user-friendly.
- Accurate and comfortable to wear
- Yardage to greens, hazard distances and shot measurement
- Easy operation and updates
- Digital scorecard feature
- Documentation is insufficient
#5: GOLFBUDDY GB-WT3 GOLF GPS WATCH
Editor's Rating : (4/5)
GolfBuddy WT3 golf GPS watch gets down to business with its efficient artillery of features. It brings more information than their Voice devices without overdoing the rangefinding. This tournament-legal watch is budget-oriented and reliable for its price.
- Compared to the swanky new watches, GolfBuddy WT3 golf GPS watch looks simple.
- It’s done in all black with a black and white screen.
- Its contours resemble the old watch designs.
- However, it’s pretty comfortable for continuous use.
- It weighs only 2.6 ounces which should not hinder your swing.
- GolfBuddy WT3 golf GPS watch gives you yardages to center, front and back on the main screen.
- All figures are large and readable.
- It also gives you hazard distances to trees, bunker doglegs etc..
- Pin placement lets you locate flags on the screen.
- However, the small screen area and scrolling can get tedious.
- You can check this golf GPS watch for the distance walked.
- Apart from the dynamic green view, it also has a digital scorecard for keeping track of your scores. GPS tracking, current time, sunset and sunrise time help it moonlight as a high-end watch.
- There’s no doubt it’s one of the best GolfBuddy GPS.
- WT3 golf watch has around 36,000+ golf courses pre-loaded into the system.
- Distance accuracy is good up to 3 yards on it.
- It can hold charge for 8 hours on golf mode and 50 days on time-telling watch mode.
- Charging it does not take more than an hour and a half
- This GolfBuddy GPS watch is IPX7 rated.
- This means it can be immersed in 30 feet water for about 3 minutes with no damage sustained.
- Accurate and lightweight
- Greens yardages and hazard distances are available
- Shot distance can be measured
- Pin placement
- Can double as watch with GPS tracking
- User-interface can improve
- Look bulky
Things You Need To Know Before Buying GolfBuddy GPS
Buying golf GPS is a dicey chore. Apart from the face-value of features, there are a number of other criteria to consider before buying them. A couple of golf GPS-hacks will help you make intelligent shopping choices.
Easy of use:
Golf GPS devices are supposed to help your golf game. If they hog on your game time, you are going to annoy your playmates and the people behind you on the course. The best GolfBuddy GPS devices provide Voice announcements or easy access to most frequently-used information. They have also used the easiest user-interface in their devices to go through different figures.
The battery life:
As people who have struggled with low-battery on phones, we can imagine how important battery life is. If your golf GPS gives up on you mid-game, you might suddenly find yourself without your superpowers. The top Golf Buddy GPS devices have good battery life-to-size ratios. They can easily sail through 2 rounds if used properly.
GolfBuddy has some of the best course coverage amongst the golf GPS brands. They have at least 35,000+ courses across the globe preloaded into their GPS watches and clip-ons. They offer free updates and additional courses if you register on their website.
Top GolfBuddy GPS devices believe in having the right balance of features. They try not to bamboozle you with statistics and distances. They have just enough information to help you improve your handicap. GolfBuddy uses simple button presses to navigation through different values like time, hazard distances, odometer etc.
Display is one of the best features of GolfBuddy GPS devices. They have simple black/white interfaces with numbers displayed in large font. They can be read easily, come sun or rain, even without reading glasses.
The voice GPS devices that are part of the top GolfBuddy GPS list are accurate within 3 yards. Golf GPS watches have better performance.
Membership or Subscription fees:
GolfBuddy is one of the few golf GPS brands that do not extort clients with subscription fees. You only need to register on their website for free course map updates.
Needless to say, budget concern will always be on your mind. It’s better to do your research on the points above before plunking your money in golf GPS. If you don’t have the budget to spend on golf watches or handhelds, try the Voice GPS devices from GolfBuddy. They perform the same functions at a lower cost.
Objective evaluation of customer reviews will give you insights into the actual behavior of the golf GPS devices. You may also discover hidden features or tips to make the most out of your GolfBuddy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION (FAQs)
Does the manuafacturer provide warranty for GolfBuddy voice VS4 GPS device ? How many months warranty is given ?
Yes, the Golf buddy Voice VS4 voice device is covered with one year limited warranty by GolfBuddy. The warranty is limited to workmanship defects and material defects.
How long does it normally take to charge the GolfBuddy GB-WT3 Golf GPS/Rangefinder Watch ?
It usually takes about one hour to fully charge the GolfBuddy GB-WT3 Golf GPS/Rangefinder Watch.
What is the battery life of GolfBuddy VS4 voice device ?
The battery life of GolfBuddy VS4 voice GPS is 10 hours on the golf course.
Is the watch strap for the GolfBuddy VS4 Golf GPS available in the box ?
Ans: The watch strap can be optionally purchased along with the VS4. GolfBuddy VS4 GPS device is designed in such a way that it could work with other straps also to hold it as a watch on your wrist.
GolfBuddy GPS devices are widely accepted for their ease of use and handy features. Their voice clip-ons have revolutionized the GPS market and form a great alternative to GPS watches. People who wear specs or have trouble squinting into the watch screen will benefit from the voice GPS devices. With their myriad capabilities, the top GolfBuddy GPS devices are big bang for bucks. Check out more details when choosing a Garmin Approach S1 Reviews in our. Hope this Golf Buddy Reviews is helpful.
Related Posts :
- Rated 5 stars
- Top 5 Best Golf Buddy Reviews
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- DesignEditor: 100%
- QualityEditor: 100%
- Easy Of UseEditor: 80%
- Low - High PriceEditor: 60%