Golf bags are the least interesting topic in golf. And yet, a good bag contributes to better spine and back health throughout your golf career. This year we picked amongst Callaway, Ping, Nike, TaylorMade etc. to find the best golf bags of 2017. These are not just ergonomic they are intuitive of your needs and partake in club care as much as you do.
Top 5 Best Golf Bag 2017 Recommendation
BEST GOLF BAGS
Types Of Golf Bags And Which One Do You Need?
Dull as the area of golf bags seem, they are divided into types. These various types and their characteristics at detailed below:
1. Carry Bag Highlights:
- These are lightweight bags meant for the weekend and leisure golfers. These bags serve as the caddy to caddy-less golfers.
- The golf carry bags are kept lightweight at an average of 2 pounds. This way these are convenient to carry around all by yourself.
- Carry bags are made of sturdy yet light materials. They are put through austerity measures to keep only the pockets that are absolutely required. Weighty features like stand legs and extra handles are avoided.
- Irregular golfers who caddy for themselves and play short rounds may opt for carrying bags.
2. Stand Bag Highlights:
- Stand bags have two retractable stand legs that allow them to be propped up on the ground. This way your supplies and golf clubs don´t spill on to the ground when you are taking a shot. The way the bag stands, you can easily pick out clubs or other essential items.
- Stand bags are mainly carried on your back. They provide two thick straps on the shoulders for dissimilating the weight evenly over a wider area. They have back cushioning for offsetting the weight.
- These bags are also designed to be lightweight within 2-6 pounds. They allow you to carry your necessities on your back. They are much lighter than cart bags.
- Stand bags can usually be used as cart bags too. They can be mounted on push or pull carts and drawn around the course.
3. Cart Bag Highlights:
- Cart bags are primarily built for riding carts. These are viewed as the most common type of bags. Their solid base and curvaceous body is the traditional image of golf bags.
- Weight is not a big concern with cart bags since they are mounted on riding carts.
- Cart bags are often peppered with pockets in innovative places. 14 separate slots for fragile golf clubs, extra golf balls, water, umbrella, rainfly, they have pockets for almost everything.
- Cart bags are available in various pocket configurations. This variety allows you to find a bag customized to your personal needs.
- The architecture of cart bags is such that you can easily access all their pockets even when it’s strapped to a cart. The accessibility is prioritized based on the golfer’s needs.
4. Staff Bag Highlights:
- Staff bags are exclusively used when a caddy is available at hand. These are heavy bags usually seen in tours.
- Staff bags have multiple pockets for carrying all possible items required in a long tour round. They tend to be large.
- Staff bags are essentially tour bags and they carry a prominent logo of the maker to advertise them.
Top 5 Best Golf Bags 2017
#1. PING Golf Men's Pioneer Cart Bag
Ping Pioneer golf cart bag is a premium bag with an elaborately featured design that weighs only 7 pounds approximately. This polyester golf bag features anti-flex walls for maximum durability. The top opens to a 15-way polypropylene divider with a rubberized putter well to house oversized grips
This Ping golf bag has 11 pockets in total including a rangefinder pocket and a magnetic quick access pocket. Out of these 7 are zippered including 2 water-resistant pockets lined with soft velour for keeping your valuable possessions. There’s a customized zipped ball-pocket and an insulated cooler panel. The bottom is equipped with a rubberized cross-design panel that keeps the golf bag stable on the cart using friction.
Built-in handles enable easy portability. A wide cart-strap on the back allows you to fasten the Pioneer golf bag to cart without closing access to any pocket. Carry strap can be packed away when not in use. Light rainfly is provided.
- 15-way dividers, 11 pockets
- Water-resistant pockets for valuables
- Stabilizing base and integrated handles
- Carry strap and rainfly
- Rainfly has minimal water-resistance
#2. Callaway 2016 Hyper-Lite 5 Stand Bag
Callway Hyper-Lite 5 golf stand bag has a confusing array of models under different year names. We are reviewing the 2016 version here. The 2017 version is yet to prove itself in durability and long-term tests
This golf stand bag is a 7-way design with full-length club dividers. It is set in 1-3-3 configuration with dedicated slots each for alignment sticks and for oversized putter grip. It has 8 pockets including a velour-sheathed, water-resistant pocket for your prized possessions. It also features a key fob inside.
This golf bag has an integrated thermal pocket for keeping beverages at their original temperature. It can easily house a 20-ounce bottle. A revamped strap with shoulder pads distributes the weight of the bag uniformly. Xtra traction technology base promotes healthier and more stable turf interaction.
A satin finish towel holder/bottle opener carries out both the functions smoothly. Even with its myriad pockets and full-length dividers, the bag weighs only 5.5 pounds. As a stand bag it could do with fewer pockets. It’s more suited for push-pull carts. A plain black rain hood is shipped with the Hyper-Lite 5 golf stand bag.
- 7-way full-length dividers
- Pocket for alignment sticks
- Shoulder pads for better ergonomics
- Heavy for carrying on the back
#3. Nike Air Sport III Stand Bag
Nike Air Sport III golf stand bag is a curious mix of technology and style. But be careful of counterfeit products under this name. This golf bag has an 8-way divider system with 3 full-length dividers for your sensitive clubs. The divider peeks out through an 8.5-inch oval top.
It has 9 functional pockets out of which 6 are zippered. These include full-length apparel pocket, an insulated cooler pocket and a drawstring pocket for immediate access. A fleece-lined, water-resistant pocket is provided to keep cash, watch, cellphone etc.. A zip-off ball-organizer provides easy access to golf balls. Integrated rangefinder loop, scorecard pocket, glove patch and pen sleeve help you store your stuff in a more organized way.
Air Sport III has customized grip end-caps for stand legs to ensure stability on the ground. This golf stand bag has to evolve double strap system for carrying its 4-pound body without strain to the back. Matching rainfly is included.
The Nike quality is reflected in this stand bag along with the suave combination of smooth and washed fabrics.
- 8-way divider with 3 full-length slots
- 9 pockets including one for valuables
- Grip caps for stand legs
- 4-pound weight
- Matching rainfly
#4. Callaway 2016 Chev Stand Bag
Callaway 2016 Chev stand bag garnered many a fan because of its uncomplicated design and reasonable price. The 2017 Chev has since released with minor changes. You can take your pick of the two.
This golf stand bag has a 7-way top staring out of a 9” opening. Out of these, 2 are full-length dividers. You can keep your most sensitive golf clubs safe in these. It has 7 pockets for various supplies including an umbrella holder and a velour-lined pocket for your valuable items. The latter holds a key fob. There are two full-length apparel pockets, an insulated pocket for keeping your drinks and a large ball-pocket for organizing golf balls.
The strap of the bag has been designed with an EVA core with breathable mesh padding around it. This along with the hip pads easily dissimilates the weight of the bag while allowing air circulation. The 2016 Chev weighs 5.5 pounds when empty.
- Reasonable price
- 7-way design with 2 dividers
- Strap with mesh lining and hip pads
- Stable base system
- Includes rain hood
#5. Tour Edge Hot Launch Performance Cart Bag Golf
Although succeeded by Hot Launch II, the original Tour Edge Hot Launch golf cart bag remains wildly popular, partly because of its very reasonable price.
This golf stand bag has a 15-way divider with dividers running full-length for all slots. There’s no separate putter well but the 15th slot can hold oversized club grips. Molded handle on the top and slot at the bottom are provided for picking up the bag.
It has multiple small and medium-sized pockets. This works well if you are a minimalist. The insulated pocket for drinks is the biggest pocket on this golf bag. The quality of the bag is excellent for the price. The material is durable. The design could be better with fewer but larger pockets. At this price, we can’t complain. The integrated cart strap loop makes access difficult to only one pocket.
Hot Launch golf bag comes with a rainfly. It is a good-looking bag available in black, light blue, navy, red, royal blue and silver colors. It has a spaded carry strap and weighs 7 pounds.
- Highly affordable
- Good quality and looks
- 15-way full-length divided
- Fewer and bigger pockets should be incorporated
You might also like:
Golf bag is an important part of the golfers’ arsenal especially when they have to carry it themselves. We selected the best stand bags over a wide range of price and types to suit your needs. Our top pick, the Ping Pioneer balances weight, quality and facilities like a pro. Its 15-way design at 7 pounds is a technological marvel. At a reasonable price, it packs sufficient pockets and extra amenities like rainfly. The choice of colors is also welcome. The other golf bags on this list have distinguished themselves with on-course performance and comfort. When you take the plunge, the best golf bags here represent the best value for money.