The best golf swing analyzers in the market help you master this one stroke for every golf situation. They constantly monitor your swing action and give you metrics updates. This helps you determine where exactly you are falling short of realizing your full potential.
We have covered 5 of these pint-sized devices which are worth their weight in gold.
Best Golf Swing Analyzers 2018 Recommendation
Best Golf Swing Analyzers of 2018
Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer is a piece of seamless technology. All its features are useful to bring back the right swing and it’s flexible in its operation across sports. Originally shipped with a golf glove clip, you can buy an inexpensive Zepp baseball bat or racquet mount for using this swing analyzer for baseball and tennis respectively.
The Zepp Golf 3D Swing analyzer is a square tablet of 3m side and 8g weight, one of the lightest. It makes no perceptible difference to your hand movement. Its process of training the golfer is quite comprehensive.
Zepp gives you a lot of numbers without overwhelming you on any screen.
Swing Plane view
You can look at your swing from top, front and side in the Swing Plane view. Important metrics include clubhead speed, tempo, backswing position, hip rotation etc.
Swing Data Download
All the data is routed to a free Zepp app on your phone. You can download the swing data of PGA Tour Pros like Brendan Steele and compare them with your golf swing.
The data from the Zepp Golf 3D golf swing analyzer can be synced to an online account and accessed from many devices.
The Zepp Insights
The Zepp Insights identify the faults in your swing and link you to the video that explains their corrections. This is top-quality advice from revered golf coaches like Rick Smith and we liked that Zepp was so intuitive.
Record Your Swing HD
You can record your swing in HD for viewing later, although this is a 2 person job.
A USB cable is supplied to charge it but no wall adapter. It lasts 8 hours per charge
- Useful data only
- Swing data can be accessed on Free Zepp app on multiple devices
- Very light and compact
- HD video recording of swing
- 360⁰ swing review
- More button presses for some important screens
The GolfSense 3D Golf Swing Analyzer is a pretty device with spot-on math. It is larger than the Zepp Golf 3D at 17g but it goes on the golf glove as well. Again we didn’t find it obstructive to our hand movement. It communicates with its free phone app using Bluetooth and gives you instant updates.
This golf swing analyzer creates representation of your swing based on the movement sensed from your hands. You can view the swing trajectory from any angle for investigating your mistakes. On the app you can compare this swing with your other swings or that of PGA Tour Pros.
- Its Analysis tab gives you figures on club head speed, tempo, swing plane, backswing, hip rotation etc.
- For hip rotation, your phone should reside in your hip pocket.
- The app of GolfSense golf swing analyzer recognizes patterns in your swing mechanics and points them out to you. This information is accompanied by personalized tips and practice suggestions.
- It makes golf quite social by allowing you to share your swing on Facebook, Twitter or via email. Now you can flaunt your master stroke right from the golf course.
- The GolfSense 3D requires 1 second at the address to calibrate. It keeps the tracking alive even if the phone app is not active at the moment. It survives 5 hours per charge cycle. But its app drains the phone battery rather fast.
Professional Golf Swing Analyzer
The Zepp Golf 2 3D golf swing analyzer is a successor of the mighty Zepp Golf. Although it was hard to improve upon such an optimized device, Zepp 2 did it. However, Zepp Golf is enough for a normal golfer’s needs. If you have the extra greenbacks to dole out, go for the Zepp Golf 2.
- This golf swing analyzer is button-sized and cuts down its weight to 6.25g.
- How Zepp managed to make it more compact than the original Zepp is beyond us. It has a no-nonsense power button on top. An LED on top gives you the power status. It adds a gyroscope inside for fairer calculation.
- With Zepp 2 you can add swing goals. Once you sync it with your iPhone/Android app, it will continuously transfer data. It will rate your performance based on the goals you set. You can either set your own goal values or you can use the presets.
- This swing analyzer measures club speed, tempo, backswing position etc. Like Zepp, it also allows HD video recording, 360⁰ shot replay and review.
- The best addition to Zepp’s arsenal is the 10 swing evaluation program. First, you take 10 shots and the Zepp 2 golf swing analyzer suggests a training program for you. They give you a training video for your specific flaws and test you once you have practiced the correction. This process simulates an actual coach and helps the beginners who don’t understand where or how to make changes to their swing.
- Extremely small and lightweight
- Evaluation and training program
- Tests swings against goals instead of meaningless data
- HD video recording of swing and 360⁰ swing review
- 8 hour battery life
- Swing speed for shorter clubs aren't as accurate as launch monitors
#2: Swingbyte 2 Golf Training Device
SwingByte 2 golf swing analyzer is a device committed to accuracy. It did exceedingly well in mapping our actions correctly on to the screen. Many golfers have positively attested to how useful it is to correct the swing. SwingByte 2 goes on the golf club instead of the glove. Its readings confirm closely with the data from a good launch monitor.
This golf swing analyzer is lodged on the golf club shaft using a rubber hinge and a plastic clip. The construction is of moderate quality, not as sturdy as we would like. It weighs less than an ounce and does not mislead your shot. If you hit a ball thin, your club shaft might rattle and cause it to slide down the shaft. But usually it’s pretty stable.
It connects wirelessly to iOS and Android apps and transmits data as it collects it. The data collected includes tempo, swingspeed, path angle, shaft angle etc.It also allows you to review the shot and examine it from different angles. Your profile on the SwingByte website saves all your swings. You can access them anytime and take tips from your successful strokes.
You can easily share your swings with others via a URL.
SwingByte 2 golf swing analyzer is backed by some excellent customer service. But the warranty may be limited when bought online. It charges via a USB and shows good battery life, enough for 2-3 rounds.
- Accurate swing data
- All important figures available
- 360⁰ swing review
- Swing history stored online
- Easy swing share
- Build quality can be better
#3: Arccos Golf GPS Shot Tracker
Arccos brings a unique concept of individual club sensors with their On-Course Stats Tracking System. It is a set of 14 sensors, one for each club in your golf bag. They screw on to the top of your golf club shaft. They need to be paired only once and they continuously track the data. They use GPS to map the shots.
Arccos golf swing analyzer sits on the club rear and does all your analyzing for you. There’s no hassle of unclipping it for a club change and no feeling of weight on your glove.
It fits snug but you can fasten it to the club using some tape.It automatically measures all the usual data. Using GPS it also gives you the distance to the center, back and front of the greens.
It specifies the club distance and averages, putting statistics, fairway hits/misses, greens in regulation, sand saves etc., in short everything that a Golf GPS rangefinder would do. So the Arccos On-Course Stats tracking system is a two-in-one device.
This golf swing analyzer is compatible with iPhone 4s and up and Android Lollipop and up. When paired with the Apple watch, you even get customized club recommendations.
Arccos provides a Proprietary Tour Analytics which explain the figures captured. This way they convert raw data into actionable information.
- 14 separate sensors
- Tight fit on the club base
- Works on replaceable battery for 40-50 hours per battery
- Gives distances, club averages, putting statistics, fairway hits/misses etc.
- Data is explained on the interfaced device
- Need to carry phone on your person
- Need to buy replaceable batteries
What Is A Golf Swing Analyzer?
Golf swing analyzer is an upcoming training aid that helps golfers perfect their golf swing. They attach to the golfers’ gloves, club shafts or club grips. When you take the shot, they collect data of the swing mechanics in real time. These include figures like clubhead speed, loft-path direction, putt-tempo, shaft direction etc. These numbers break down your swing into modular processes which you can address individually. Some analyzers even replay the swing for you to assess later, in slow-motion. Ain’t that convenient?
They are not just valued for the statistics they provide. The best swing analyzers find a user-friendly way to relay the information to you. Some are Bluetooth-enabled, while others partner with the iOS or Android app through GPS.
How Do Golf Swing Analyzers Work?
Suffice it to say that the golf swing analyzers are complicate devices inside. These are wirehouses of sensors and Digital Image Processing voodoo. With high speed imaging, they capture the 3D flight of the club. The motion sensors calculate your speed, the shaft’s movement and a number of other factors. Once you are done with the swing, you can check the figures to see whether you moving your body right. Some of the facts might not make sense to you. A golfing expert can help you understand why deceleration in the downswing is not the answer to ball control during putting. There are myriad terms for the metrics here. If you understand them you can draw your own inferences about the swing.
Do Golf Swing Analyzers Help Lower The Golf Handicap?
The golf swing analyzer is a device, and a very intelligent one at that. Your handicap depends on how well you use the information collected by this device. There are many articles on how to swing the golf club. Some of their suggestions are easy to implement in your game. But some gaps still remain. Since in golf, you are only as good as you swing, the swing analyzers play a vital role in filling this gap. When used wisely, they are the most profitable training agents for golfers.It’s not just important to get the numbers. You must convert them to actionable points. You may get carried away by fancy features like Swing Replay in 360⁰ viewing mode. But make sure that the other data make sense to you and your game.
Which Are The Best Golf Swing Analyzers?
We found out for you. We shortlisted the 5 best golf swing analyzers which can improve your golfing cred methodically, based on:
We checked how relevant the metrics provided by the best golf swing analyzers are to a golfer’s game. The most useful data like Swing Speed, Swing replay, Putt tempo etc. were measured in all 5 of them. We also checked if the information was available immediately
- Data Retrieval:
The best golf swing analyzers must have an effective way of presenting the statistics. Any common platform like the phone/PC should work. Compatibility with Windows/iOS devices come into play here. There should be little or no registration formality for data retrieval.
- Ease of mounting:
For the golf swing analyzer to be effective, it should not affect the swing itself. This requires the device to be lightweight whether it mounts on the club or your gloves.
The money you spend on teaching yourself golf has a limit, especially when the majority believes that straightening out the golf swing depends on gut feeling and practice. All the features you pay for should benefit you. So we have covered the best golf swing analyzers across the price range and feature sets.
The best golf swing analyzers were picked up amongst many in the market. The Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer beat its competition, even its successor, in many aspects. It provides an elaborate yet actionable set of data that makes a noticeable difference to your swing. It is the lightest device with killer battery life. Its operation follows a logical sequence of human-like actions. All the best golf swing analyzers here excel in their customer-oriented service. They all cover the subset of important metrics diligently. And their apps are smoothly integrated. Zepp bested them with small victories in many fields. But your pick may differ based on your personal requirement.
READ MORE ANOTHER BUYING GUIDE
Last updated on August 13th, 2018 at 12:51 am