Golf has been an outdoor sport since its inception. But that was before folks turned fanatic after this game. The cut-throat competition that dominates everything in the world now applies to golf as well. Everyone wants to step up their game, come hail or sun. While sunny days are good for a game of golf, rains can severely disrupt your golf ambition.
If you are planning to get into professional golf, you need to keep your practice on the up and up, no matter what the climate. Entrez Indoor Golf. These golf-playing options inside the security of a shelter allow you to focus on your game rather than the pitter-patter of rain. They also give you a bit of private practice before you are ready to show off your moves to your buddies.
#1 : Indoor golf – the concept
The most effective way of indoor golf playing is by using computerized golf simulators. They consist of a projection screen and some sensors to give you a life-like view of the golf course that you select. The map of the course is laid out on the screen.
How will do it ?
- The augmented reality of the game makes you feel like you are standing on a golf course.
- They continuously measure your swing, the ball speed and other such quantities.
- You can see the trajectory of ball flying exactly like it would have if it were hit on a golf course.
- Based on the calculations, the ball and your position are advanced on the life-sized image of the golf course.
- If you simply want to enhance your putting skills, you can buy an Indoor Golf putting trainer, which is a narrow strip of grass mat with a putting hole. Such a set from Kungix can even be folded for portability.
#2: How to get the most out of golf simulators ?
The realism of indoor golf simulators is created by both the golf simulator and the player. Although technology has advanced at an amazing pace, the screen of the simulator remains a 2D installation.
How to play it ?
- You need to keep that in mind while playing golf on a sim. Here, the ball speed is not measured as the ball follows its trajectory.
- It is determined as soon as you hit the ball based on the contact force and loft angle.
- Based on this data, the golf simulator advances the ball by a given distance.
- Whenever you are chipping, make sure you visualize the distance to be hit as a total of your distance to the screen and the rest of the distance into the screen.
- You get used to the virtual side of the golf simulators when you have played them enough number of times.
#3 : Advantages of Indoor Golf
Although, indoor golf is still dwarfed by the real deal, there are quite a few benefits:
- 1. Weather-independent: You can play indoor golf irrespective of the weather outside. Whether you are in the coldest corners of Alaska or baking in the opulent sun of Florida, you have the facility to continue improving your golf performance.
- 2. Privacy: If you are a famous pro golfer who does not want to give away her or his game-changing strategies, then indoor golf affords you your own golf lab. You can experiment with your technique and swing here.
- 3. Cost: Golf simulators are pretty cost effective if many golfers have access to them. They can serve as a relatively low cost investment by a golf establishment as they require only a small room and the simulator equipment.
- 4. Club-sizing: Golf simulators are used in golf equipment shops to help the customers pick out the golf gear that best suits them. You can try the clubs on the sim before making your purchase decision.
- 5. Educative assistance: Many of the latest golf simulators acquire real-time data exhaustively and use that to make suggestions to improve your handicap. Although they can’t replace trainers in flesh-and-blood, they have some pretty useful tricks handy.
#4 : What else to expect at an Indoor Golf facility?
Apart from golf simulators? Indoor golf facilities do not just constitute a room with golf simulator. But why ?
- Because they are usually full-fledged institutions which offer expert coaching from pro golfers, retail outlets for popular golf gear brands, food joints for the hungry golfers etc..
- Club fitting is another great service at many indoor golf centers.
- They get customers to try out different golf clubs with the simulators and buy the ones that best suit them.
- It’s a brilliant initiative that benefits both the proprietors of the indoor golf facility and the golfers.
#5 : How accurate in indoor golfing?
If you are using golf simulators indoors, you must take the statistics with a pinch of salt. We are expecting computers to replicate physical phenomena here. And that’s not easy. So you might end up getting slightly different figures when you play golf on the actual course. Always look for indoor golf clubs that have golf simulators from a reliable brand.
Last updated on March 20th, 2018 at 01:18 pm