Golf is a beautiful game of control and strength. It’s a dream of many youngsters to play their game on expansive greens with the whole world watching their every move. The aim is to keep this dream alive. The enthusiasm for the game has become a collateral damage to the economic recession. People seem to lose patience and will to spend on it. If the golf community pitches in, we can rejuvenate the momentum of golf’s popularity and maybe even stumble upon another Tiger Woods.
Richard and I have grown up on the golf course around pro golfers. We have won, failed, been inspired, lost our hopes on the course. We have strong ties to the dynamics of the game. It has made us the people we are. Education and the capacity to earn are cardinal to maintain this umbilical tie to all things golf. But guess what? Student loans can maim and cripple your golf dream. The average tuition and fee have risen by 179% in National Universities in the last 20 years. Out-of-state admission in public universities has spiked 226% in the same timeframe. So how do you keep the dream of golf tours from gradually eroding into thin air by financial liabilities?
We want to nurture the budding golf talent in our little way. That’s why your two humble golfers have gathered up the resources to start a small golf scholarship, The Tour Dream. We start off with the $1000 per year grant. As our revenues grow, our contribution to this elite game may also grow with it. This scholarship is meant for prospective college students or those golf enthusiasts who are invested in keeping the golf dream alive.
All the golf scholarship has to be directed to the university to be doled out to the scholarship awardee. It might be diluted or go into other avenues. We want to pick our own winners based on their golf sensibilities and talent. The Tour Dream golf scholarship will allow us to know them up close and personal and live vicariously through them.
- This golf scholarship is open for application by all students who are passionate about golf or who have proven their mettle in the local and regional golf tournament. You are also invited if you play amateur golf and are connected to a golf facility via employment or product development.
- If you are golf student-athletes heading to college, proof of enrollment in a University or College is required. We are also looking for genuine students to whom this sum will make a marked difference.
- We hope to hear an engaging story about why the student wants to pursue golf and how it has shaped her/him.
How To Apply
We are expecting an essay of 500-1000 words on any ONE of the topics sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How has golf helped you build your personality?
- What excites you most about golf and why?
- Which golf rule do you want to change and why?
- How to make golf more environment-friendly?
- How did the Tiger Woods phenomenon affect golf?
Deadlines & Rewards
May 31st, 2018 is the closing date for this contest and it will be renewed every year. We will declare the winner of The Tour Dream golf scholarship within 10 days. The awardee will be notified by email and we will do a full feature on her/him on www.ubergolf.net . Leave your comments and questions below.
Last updated on September 27th, 2018 at 02:47 am